Seasonal Private Villa Rental
Eco-Luxury Villa at "Copa De Arbol" Beach Paradise
- Accomodates: 2 to 5 guests
- Beds: 2 queen beds with option to add twin
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
- Nightly rate: 300 per night double occupancy
- Each additional person: 100 per night
Set on a pristine stretch of Pacific Coastline, villas at our award-winning Copa De Arbol Resort are the best of all worlds for the nature lover: Live amidst the most bio-diverse jungle in Costa Rica, yet only steps from secluded beaches, and all in stylish luxury. Enjoy a myriad of tours on land and water, or unplug and relax on our stunning beach, infinity pools, and trails. Accessed by boat only, we are here to help 24/7, to make it easy for you to have the nature adventure of a lifetime!
The villa is a short 100 yard stroll from the beach, set in the heart of a tropical paradise. It features 1000 sq. ft, on two levels with polished teak floors, soaring ceilings, gorgeous furnishings, thoughtful details, and ocean and rainforest views. The lower level with seating area, dining table, full kitchen and hammock has a tropical open air design so you can immerse yourself in the tranquil breezes, sights and sounds of the jungle. The upper level comes with two queen beds with premium bedding (extra twin bed available on request), air conditioning, ceiling fans, tiled bathroom with walk-in shower (with hot water), and front balcony seating area where you can take in the spectacular views. Full info please see resort website.
- Our gorgeous 3 tier infinity pool and jacuzzi & landscaped common areas- are shared with resort guests.
- Kayaks, Stand up paddle boards, and snorkel gear rental available onsite.
- Kitchen is stocked with basic items such as salt, pepper, oil, sugar.
- When you arrive through Drake Bay, Palmar or Sierpe there are small grocery stores where you can stock up on food and other items.
- Boat taxi rental available to Drake Bay to stock up on supplies.
- You can also walk to town during daylight hours along the coastal trail which takes approximately 1 hour.
- Housekeeping service can be arranged $45 per cleaning
- Laundry services are available, inquire for rates.
- Extra twin bed available upon request.
- Fresh linens and towels are provided every 3 days.
- A 13% Costa Rican Sales Tax is included in the published nightly rate.
Arrive by beach landing into knee deep water to our remote beachfront paradise! The villa is approximately 100 yards easy walk from the sand. We are here to help you 24/7 to make arrangements for you including: Boat transfers, information of how and where to stock up on provisions, tours and activity recommendations, and everything to make it comfortable and easy for you to enjoy your stay.
I am available through email and phone daily and am fluent in English and Spanish (-:
There will be a staff member available at the property to assist with general guest needs and information, boat rentals, tours, etc.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
- Tours & activities can be arranged on site or in advance. Corcovado National Park and Isla Del Cano tours require 45 days notice, most other tours require 24 hours notice.
- All tours & transfers are group tours & transfers using local vendors unless otherwise stated.
- All tours can be arranged as private, please inquire about rate.
- The 13% Costa Rican Sales Tax is included in the nightly rate.
- Copa De Arbol is specifically designed and located to cater to the traveler seeking an “off-the-beaten-path” rainforest and ocean experience.
- The resort is accessed by boat only, with wet beach landings that can be challenging at times. Additionally, there is always the possibility of rough waters.
- We also remind guests, especially those with children, that we are in the jungle which means there is a lot of wildlife, some dangerous, all magnificent i.e. jungle & marine animals, insects, etc.
- As we are in the jungle there is always a possibility of heavy rain, and stormy weather.
Copa De Arbol Beach & Rainforest Resort is a luxury beachfront eco-resort set on a pristine rainforest reserve. We are located in Southern Pacific Costa Rica on the Osa Peninsula, perfectly situated between Drake Bay and the Corcovado National Park in an area known as “Caletas” (small coves). We are approx. 10 minutes by boat / 2 km west of the town of Drake Bay. Please see aerial photo maps in pictures for exact Resort location in relation to the town of Drake bay, town of Sierpe, Drake bay Airport, etc.
This area of the Osa Peninsula is accessible by boat only and is one of the most remote and untouched places on Costa Rica’s entire Pacific coastline. Copa De Arbol is a total escape from the outside world. Once you arrive, you will be immersed in your own private, tropical wilderness - no roads, cars, discos, shopping malls or supermarkets near by. Just the ocean, the wildlife and the rainforest.
Our 70 acre property shares the same eco system as what is considered the crown jewel of Costa Rica’s National Parks, Corcovado NP. The park entrance is a short boat ride away but much of the same flora and fauna can be seen all around the villa. Corcovado NP is described by National Geographic as “the most biologically intense place on Earth in terms of biodiversity.” Wildlife that you can have the chance to see between the park and the resort property include scarlet macaws, toucans, sloths, pecaries and all 4 species of Costa Rican monkeys. This remote and secluded area of the Osa Peninsula is known worldwide as a top destination for researchers, conservationists and those seeking tranquility and nature as well as ocean and rainforest adventures.
We are also a short boat ride away to the extraordinary diving and snorkeling at Cano Island.
There is a one hour coastal trail which takes you to the town of Drake Bay and in the other direction a coastal trail takes you to spectacular Rio Claro where you can rent kayaks and follow the magical river tributary to hidden waterfalls and fresh water swimming holes.
A wide variety of extraordinary land and water tours & activities are available in close proximity to our property, and we are here to help you make arrangements and bookings. Here is a list of some of the most popular:
- Corcovado National Park- The crown jewel of CR National Parks. Considered one of the most bio-diverse eco systems in the world.
- Cano Island National Park- This biological reserve is considered one of Costa Rica’s best places to scuba and snorkel and is home to a copious amount of marine wildlife such as sharks, eagle rays, fish and turtles.
- Dolphin & Whale Tours- Widely considered one of the best places in the world for dolphin and whale-watching, Drake Bay attracts wildlife enthusiasts from all over the world who come to view these graceful mammals in their natural habitat.
- Mangrove Tour- travel through the protected tributaries and mangroves teeming with abundant wildlife. Chance of seeing three different species of monkeys, many birds including Macaws, Herons, Egrets, Caracaras, Kingfishers, Hawks plus the slow moving sloth, crocodiles, caimans, snakes, turtles, the very fast Jesus Lizard racing over water and so much more.
- Rio Claro – Walk or take a boat to this magical fresh water river tributary with kayak rentals, hidden waterfalls and fresh water swimming holes.
- San Josecito Beach- A calm, beautiful, reef protected beach with great swimming and snorkeling.
- Sport Fishing half day/full day- With over 70 registered world records within 60 nautical miles of the bay, it's no wonder that this fisherman's paradise has a reputation for providing some of the world's best sport-fishing
- World Renowned Bird Watching- Costa Rica is truly a bird watchers paradise with over 800 species of birds. The Drake Bay area and Corcovado National Park are especially rich, with numerous species of birds.
- Horseback Riding / Rio Claro- Horseback riding is a great way to explore the surrounding area via an extensive trail system that runs along pristine beaches and into the primary jungle
- Canopy Tour with Zip Lines- Take an exciting look at the Costa Rican rainforest from a different perspective. Ascend high into the jungle canopy to experience a birds-eye view of the rainforest.
- Nighttime Rainforest Tours- Explore the fascinating nocturnal world of the rainforest. This tour starts on the beach here at Copa De Arbol and then heads back into the jungle.
- Massage- Enjoy light or deep tissue massage, our professionally trained masseuse offers a mix of various massage techniques including general Swedish, shiatsu, and neuromuscular, resulting in a therapeutic, yet relaxing, experience.
- “Colloectivo” shuttle boat Sierpe to Copa De Arbol $ 20 per person each way
- Private Boat Sierpe to Copa De Arbol $ 95 per person each way
- Private transportation Palmar Airport to Copa De Arbol $ 120 per person each way
- Private transportation Drake Bay to Copa De Arbol starting at $ 40
Below are some of the options to get to Copa De Arbol from the airport in San Jose. Please be sure to let us know which options you choose or any special needs that you may have so we can coordinate all the proper arrangements. It should be noted that the final approach for all arrivals to Copa De Arbol is by boat - we advise you to wear shoes which are easily removed or are able to get wet.
- The quickest way to get to Drake Bay from the airport in San Jose is by plane to either the Drake Bay or Palmar airstrips (approx. 40 minute flight). We recommend Sansa Airlines. Sansa flies from a terminal right next door to the international airport, and is a great option if you have a tight connecting flight.
- From the Drake Bay airstrip: We can have our shuttle pick you up at the airport for the 15 minute drive to the small town of Drake Bay. From there, it is a 10 minute boat transfer to Copa De Arbol. The cost for this is 40$ per person each way
- From the Palmar airstrip: We can have our shuttle pick you up at the airport and drive you the 15 minutes to the small river front town of Sierpe. From the Sierpe dock, our boat will take you down the stunning Sierpe mangrove estuary system. This river transfer is an amazing way to begin your trip. (However, it should be noted, that at times the boat ride through the river mouth can be quite challenging.) Total travel time in the boat is approximately 1 hour. The cost is 120$ per person each way.
- You can drive from San Jose to Sierpe where you can park your rental car in a secure lot for $6USD/day. This drive takes about 4 1/2 hours on well maintained roads. Guests that pre-arrange boat transport with us will be picked up by our boat for the trip down the Sierpe river to Copa De Arbol. Total travel time in the boat is approximately 1 hour. The cost is $95 per person each way.
- A public shuttle boat Known as the "Collectivo" is available with two trips per day in each direction. Departures from Sierpe to Copa De Arbol are at 11:30 AM & 3:00 PM. Departures from Copa De Arbol to Sierpe are at 7:30 AM & 2:00 PM. The cost for the boat transfer is $20 per person each way. Please Note: The "Collectivo" departure times are approximate and we cannot guarantee them.
- Private Charter plane also available and is an excellent way to avoid an overnight in San Jose or travel to or from another location in Costa Rica. Please inquire for availability and contact info.
Please inquire for more transportation information we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have and help with your logistics.
Click HERE to book your Villa